Frequently Asked Questions
What is Assessment in a Box?
Assessment in a Box is a way to ignite your print production workflow through documenting, reviewing, and automating your business processes.
The self-service option (buy now with a credit card) is best for print service providers with supportive and communicative leadership with one or more staff that are highly motivated and task-oriented to complete the assessment.
The virtual assessment option is an economical option for smaller print operations with that focus on fewer types of customers served, print applications, and using fewer printing technologies. Virtual assessments combine self-service information gathering with virtual guidance from industry professional with over 60 years of combined experience.
On-site assessments are the best option for more complex, single-site or multi-site print operations. On-site assessments include walking your workflow to validate the information captured from and by your staff. A portion of the on-site time is dedicated to workshop the findings, identify the top three areas of concern, propose improvements, and help you develop a process improvement plan.
How do I know if I need an assessment?
There are many reasons based upon your unique situation but here are a few important reasons:
- Your equipment and software mix grew over time and is now loosely held together by heroic staff.
- You are struggling to deal with an increasing number of smaller jobs.
- You’ve recently added equipment or new print applications to your environment.
- You want to free up labor hours to higher value use by automating the routine and redundant tasks.
What is included in the Self-Service Assessment in a Box?
- The Path to Profits poster marking common print workflow processes and feedback loops.
- The Business Automation Workbook that provides a framework with expert guidance on identifying, documenting, and reviewing your business processes for improvement and automation opportunities.
- Over 10 Expert Video Guides help walk you through using the Business Automation Workbook while addressing common pitfalls in print workflows and industry best practices.
What is included in a Virtual Assessment?
- Everything in the self-assessment, plus…
- Project kickoff call
- Comprehensive web survey for all employees. Don’t the survey is structured by title/role in the company, so it takes minutes for each employee to complete.
- Information review and analysis by experienced industry veterans.
- Remote support to assist in completing the assessment.
- Presentation and discussion of findings, areas needing attention, and suggested improvements to make.
- Post-assessment call at 4-week mark for further guidance and Q&A
What is included in the On-site Assessment?
- Everything in the self and virtual assessments, plus…
- In-person visits by industry expert(s) to walk your workflow together for your most critical print applications. This validates and expands what was gathered in the discovery and data collection phases.
- On-site workshop with key staff to review the findings, identify the top areas needing attention, propose improvements, and help you develop a process improvement plan.
Who is behind Assessment in a Box?
- Pat McGrew uses her decades technical and marketing experience to lead the industry toward optimized business processes and production workflows. She has helped companies to define their five-year plans, audited workflow processes, and developed sales team interventions and education programs. Pat is the Co-Author of 8 industry books, editor of A Guide to the Electronic Document Body of Knowledge, and a regular contributor to Inkjet Insight and WhatTheyThink.com.
- Ryan McAbee helps OEMs and PSPs define and build their future through consulting, market analysis, product strategy, sales enablement, and industry education services. Ryan has spent over 20 years immersed in the technology that powers print, working with a wide range of well-known and industry leading vendors and print service providers.
I have the kit. How do I start?
- Unbox your assessment kit.
- Identify your project leader(s).
- Review the Business Automation Workbook.
- Watch the Expert Video Guides
- Complete the workbook.
- Workshop your processes to find areas to improve.
- Implement your improvement plan.
How much do the assessments cost?
We try to make assessments affordable for the smallest to the largest print service providers with our three offerings. Self-service assessments can be purchased online with a credit card using the Buy Now button in the top menu. For virtual and onsite pricing, please answer our short questionnaire and we will promptly respond.
Can I get a refund?
Due to the nature of the kits not being reusable, all sales are final and non-refundable.
When will my Assessment in a Box kit arrive?
We ship UPS ground and provide you with the package tracking number.
What happens if my team cannot perform the self-assessment?
We are confident that any PSP can perform a self-assessment with the proper time and effort. If you still need further assistance, please contact us for pricing of our virtual or on-site assessment options.